For legal reasons, and to make sure our website and social media sites are open and welcoming to all users:
- Keep your contributions polite, civil, tasteful and relevant. This is a public space, so we expect you to write and behave accordingly, and remember people of all ages read and contribute to this site.
- Do not post messages that are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated, homophobic or culturally or racially offensive.
- Post in English only. Posts containing languages other than English will be removed.
- Do not impersonate anyone else. Impersonating someone is unacceptable.
- Do not describe or encourage activities that could endanger the safety of wellbeing of others
- Ensure that any quoted text is attributed to its original author.
- Do not cause or enable spamming or flooding. Don’t post the same message or very similar messages more than once.
- Don’t post your own or anyone else’s personally identifying information. This is for your own safety and that of everyone who uses this service.
- Don’t make comments that could be perceived as financial advice such as the purchase of shares or make recommendations on investments.
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider to break any of the rules or the spirit of the rules, and to block individuals from commenting.
- No advertising, promotion or products of service or posting of web links (URLs). If you know of a website relevant to a discussion, please inform the Centre through the contact link on the webpage.
- Very Important: If you see a comment that you think is inappropriate, please let us know by either phoning us or through the contact link on the webpage.
- All policies of the Centre must be adhered to.
- While respectful debate and disagreement is allowed, please refrain from making personal attacks. Abusive, derogatory or inappropriate comments may be deleted.
- Repetitive posting and other ‘trolling’ actions will not be tolerated. Accounts that appear to be set up for the purpose of trolling will be banned.
- Please use polite language and refrain from writing in all-capitals – this is considered ‘shouting’.
- Please keep posts ‘on-topic’. Tangents and comments on topics not relevant to the thread may be deleted.
- Posting on this site indicates willingness to abide by these rules. Moderating decisions, including removal of links, posts and people, are at Christie Downs Community House’s sole discretion. We will endeavour to be fair and consistent.
Please note our sites are only monitored during Centre opening hours. That is Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 3.00 pm, excluding Public Holiday’s.