- Room hire contract must be completed and lodged prior to the hire.
- Contract is non-transferable.
- For private hires, a Risk Management Administration Fee (insurance), obtained through the City of Onkaparinga Council is an essential requirement of room hire. Your Council receipt must be sighted and photocopied, at the time of payment.
- Organisations need to provide a certificate of currency for their current public liability insurance.
- Unless cancellation is received either via by letter, email or phone call one week prior to the hire, a 20% administration fee may be charged.
KEYS / SECURITY
- It is the responsibility of the hirer, to arrange for the collection of the keys not more than one working day prior to the hire, during office hours (Mon – Fri 9.00 a.m. – 3.00 p.m.)
- When the key is collected the necessary instructions will be given. (Security Etc)
- On leaving the premises, the hirer must ensure security system (where appropriate) is activated.
- Failure to do so may incur a penalty or cost of loss / damage should the premises be broken into.
- In the event that you ‘set off’ the alarms, should you not contact the security company to rectify the matter and charges are incurred as a result of them attending, the hirer will be responsible for payment of their ‘call out’ fee.
- Keys & Code are to stay in the possession of the nominated person. They are not to be passed on to someone else.
- If alcohol is to be consumed on the premises, security guards nominated by City of Onkaparinga Council, are required at hirers cost.
DAMAGE / LOSS
- The hirer shall be responsible for the cost of all damage or loss sustained to the premises, including furniture, equipment and keys.
- A representative of the Christie Downs Community House will inspect the premises the next working day.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH and SAFETY
- Maximum number of people permitted:
- CDCH Main hall 80.
- CDCH ½ Hall 30.
- Meeting Room 10
- Crèche 25
- Computer Suite 6
- Lounge 20
- Karawatha Hall 60.
- Christie Downs Community House and Karawatha Community Hall are NON – SMOKING venues. All smokers must ensure they smoke outside the marked yellow lines and at least 10 metres from the playground.
- All exit doors and gates must be kept clear at all times.
- Signs indicating fire exits are over those doors.
- No naked flames permitted, as they may activate the fire alarms to the security company, involving a callout fee for which the hirer is responsible for payment.
- Only heating appliances supplied may be used.
- Electrical equipment brought into Christie Downs Community House or Karawatha Community Hall, must be tag and tested, at hirers cost. Christie Downs Community House and Karawatha Community Hall equipment is tested on a regular basis.
- Circuit breakers for Christie Downs Community House are located in the passage adjacent to the disability toilet.
- Food may only be prepared in the kitchen.
- The use of smoke machines, sparkles and candles are prohibited in the Centre.
- Blu-tac can be used. Must be removed after hire.
- If liquor is to be sold, the hirer must obtain the appropriate licence, at hirers cost. Licence is to be sighted and photocopied at least one week prior to the hire.
- There is NO capacity for Storage of equipment
- Sale of liquor without licence.
- Fixing of nails, screws, adhesives, sticky tape or other contrivances to any part of the buildings.
- Preparation of food stuff anywhere, other than in the kitchen.
- Alterations to any equipment.
- No illicit drugs allowed.
- Use of bicycles, roller skates, skateboards, footballs, soccer boots or tap shoes etc, within the centre.
- Any illegal activities.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to set up tables and chairs they require, and to return them to the storeroom in original set-up, when hire has finished unless other arrangements have been made.
- Follow instructions to set up tables.
- Chair trolleys must be used.
- The premises must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
- Floors must be swept and mopped.
- No polish, floor speed or other materials other than those supplied are to be used on floors without prior written approval.
- All rubbish is to be removed from the premises by the hirer after the hire.
- No animals are permitted without prior written approval.
- Exemption applies to guide dogs and hearing dogs.
- Noise level must be reduced to an acceptable level at midnight, and not heard outside the premises.
FINISH OF HIRE
- Hire, cleaning and vacation of the premises must occur prior to 1.00 a.m. as the alarms are reset at this time.
- All rooms must be vacated ON TIME, ready for the next group.
- Failure to comply with this agreement will mean immediate termination of your hire, and will place your future requests in jeopardy.
- Should the premises be found in an unacceptable condition after your hire, part of or your entire bond (where applicable) will be forfeited as deemed by the Board of Management.